There are tens of thousands of multivitamin products offered on the market. Usually, the main target of the benefits of best multivitamin for women and supplements are people who are old or middle-aged. But keep in mind, a multivitamin will not be able to replace nutrients consumed directly in the form of food. If it is not a wise multivitamin can be considered as justification for an unhealthy lifestyle. The popularity of multivitamins is undeniable. There are so many types of multivitamins that are in the business field with a very broad target market. On the other hand, there is little medical evidence to say that taking an excessive multivitamin can provide significant health benefits.
One example comes from the Journal of the American College of Cardiology. They say that the most commonly consumed supplements (multivitamins, calcium, vitamin D, vitamin C) do not guarantee a person is protected from the risk of heart disease. The problem is, many people consider taking a multivitamin as more effort to maintain their health. Psychologically, people feel healthier because they have benefited from multivitamins every day. Not to mention, the Food and Drug Administration does not issue regulations related to this matter. This means the same that every manufacturer can release a multivitamin product without us knowing whether the ingredients are safe and effective or not.
Apart from the multivitamin benefits offered on the packaging, some risks follow. Some of them are:
– Vitamin K. The function of vitamin K can interfere with the performance of blood-thinning drugs used in high blood pressure
– Calcium and Vitamin D. Consumption of calcium and vitamin D can increase the risk of kidney stones.
– Beta carotene. A study states that high doses of beta-carotene increase the risk of lung cancer, especially in active smokers.
– Vitamin E. Consumption of high doses of vitamin E can cause strokes due to bleeding in the brain
– Vitamin B6. Taking vitamin B6 in the long term or annually is often associated with damage to blood vessels that can interfere with body movements. Usually, this disorder will disappear by itself after the consumption of multivitamins is stopped.